Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vacation Part 7

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6 
Our last night on vacation we stayed at Medicine Lake in Northern California.  We stumbled upon it one time during another vacation and since then I've wanted to camp there.  It just felt like a nice, comfortable place,  I wasn't able to get it out of my mind.  I'm so glad we got the chance to stay there, and in the perfect camp spot with the water just behind us.






It was windy on the lake for most of the day.  A good, refreshing kind of wind.
Before taking more conceptual pictures I took the time to take some selfies all by myself.  So many of my pictures now I take with others around that I wanted to reconnect with simple self portriats, taken solely by myself..  Even though there were people around it was peaceful and renewing and made me feel pretty.  There couldn't have been a better place for reconnecting with photography and selfies; I feel so at home and at peace here, it truly feels like what a vacation should be.


















The sky became the most beautiful colors that night with the sunset. The water and the sky were transformed together, into a work of art that seemed to span the universe. I wished I could pause time and sit in that moment in the mountains forever.
In the morning The water was like glass, a perfect mirror.  I finally forced myself over to the water to take pictures (I felt content and lazy) and it wasn't a moment too soon.  Within five minutes the wind picked up and began to blow again, rippling the water and bringing a different kind of peace.







Later, before we left, I took more pictures, conceptual and not.  I even 'swam' in the cold lake, which felt good, but it was cold and I stumbled all over the bottom.









After Medicine Lake we went back home.  I loved this vacation so much, and I can't wait to go back to some of these places.  I feel different after this vacation, more alive, and I have this desperate need to make that feeling last.  Forever.

1 comment: